Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 28, 2016

xerophytic - able to withstand drought



This of course, was the hardest letter to write for, that is until I found a new word.

Right now, Trinidad is in a drought, California is in drought, many parts of the world are without water.

Water.

Such an essential element that we all need.

There's all sort of the doomsday predictions about global warming, climate change and our loss of water.

It's enough to make anyone scream and faint.

But I believe we can turn things around. If we work really hard at it.

I believe in our ability to solve our own mess, we created it, there must be a way to solve it.

I believe.

I hope.

I believe in conservation, in recycling, in reducing our waste and our carbon footprint.

I believe in being a responsible citizen of the world.

We just need to be a little considerate and not waste water as if we have it in abundance.

That's a first step, and a rather huge step if you think about it.

Conserve and preserve.





1 comment:

  1. You make a great point: just because your area may not be in a drought doesn't mean you should waste water like there's an infinite supply. Think of it as showing solidarity with folks who are not as fortunate. Turn off the tap! :)

    ReplyDelete