Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Save your energy for the good stuff



I sometimes get so worked up that I get a stress headache.

Sometimes when I'm really stressed out, I feel as if I can't focus and that I'm falling asleep. It's around that time when my brain shuts down and I can't think.

There's so many things that can ruin our day, so many little small things that are purposely designed to frustrate us.

That is the trick about life, everything has a purpose. Those little annoying things are meant to steal our joy, our hope, our love.

If we get stuck in a pattern of always looking on the dark side of things then we will never have time to enjoy the good stuff.

There will always be chores to do, annoying people on the road, inconsiderate strangers everywhere. They are doing their job - trying to sap our joy away from us.

If we could reprogram ourselves to stop getting annoyed when things like that happen, if we can detach and just watch our anger rise and fall, then I think we'll be a much calmer and happier person for it.

And we would save our energy and time for what really matters in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment