Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pray



Prayer for me is a sort of two-fold thing.

I do recite a number of written prayers but I also talk to God during the day, like a friend, complaining to him.

Sometimes I imagine he's in my passenger seat of my car, I quarrel with him sometimes (yes I know it may not be the most ideal thing, but), I try to keep the conversation going, I tell him exactly how I feel.

Perhaps I do most of the talking.

I do try to listen.

I do.

Sometimes he takes a while to answer. Sometimes it's a long while.

But if it's one thing I've learned is this - God does things on his own time, not ours and certainly not mine (which believe you me, is most frustrating).

But praying does two things - it calms me and gives me hope.

And it's certainly better than panicking and frolicking with despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment