Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Trying to keep busy while on tour/road tripping

Things have a way of not turning out how we expect and it is hard in the face of adversity to make the most of things.

I am faced with a certain reality here, that while everyone else is working, I am here on a sort-of work/vacation. I have gigs on the weekend but a good many days off during the week....so what do I do?

I have to occupy my mind and pretend to be a tourist in a city I once lived, because the devil really does find use for idle hands by making us MORE IDLE.

It is strange, but it is as if I'm seeing this city for the first time, maybe all the years I lived here I was just merely existing and not living with the city. I don't know, it is hard to qualify.

But is it possible for the same place to be viewed a number of different ways over a certain indefinite period of time?

If so, then what an experience this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment