Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 17, 2009

The air is electric

I'm writing this at 3.49AM. I'm writing before I forget to mention this again. This is gonna sound weird, but....

Sometimes while on stage, (it hasn't happened that often, maybe about 5 times in total in my entire live musical career of 19 years) a strange thing will happen, the band will be playing and all of a sudden, the entire vibe on stage just elevates.

We're all still there, but there's almost an invisible chain reaction and reciprocation between us and the crowd and I'm pretty sure we can all feel it. It's like this this amazing rush of energy and the sound just gets 100 times fuller, almost as if we're hearing ourselves in surround sound.

The crowd jut seems that much more alive, and we in turn play 10 times better. It's very hard to describe, but it's almost as if an energy wave is passing between us and the crowd. We're feeding off each other and the energy field is growing.

I can't quantify it, all I know is that my hair stands on my head, I am totally aware of everything around me, my pores raise and I swear I'm standing off the ground. I have never felt anything like this in my entire life. It is a rush, but only lasts for a few minutes at best.

It is a rare gift, but a treasured one. It is the miracle of music. That's all I can sum it up as - a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment