Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 17, 2009

2.39AM on a Friday morning

We fly to Yellowknife at 6.30AM. So I've decided to not sleep, surely a brilliant idea I tell you.

Now my eyes are popping out of my head and my typing is terrible.

What am I writing to say? This summer's music traveling experiences have been going great, it's the days off that I find hard to cope with. Music is a drug and when it is all over, there are withdrawal symptoms. I rack my brain most days with what to do. And in the end the fear of wasting a day drives me to get out and about and see this city like I never did before.

I'm not burning down the city exploring every nook and cranny, but I sure am looking at everything with a renewed sense of awe. I'm in awe that I actually lived here, it was only last year that I was living here.

I don't think I could live here again, the city's solitude still screams at me. But in the background I hear the ocean waves of home, and it gives me a sense of peace knowing I'll be back there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment