Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

Sometimes things do come to you......Kobo Town comes to Trinidad



So this year had so much hope and promise to it. I was so looking forward to summer when I would hit the road again, this time just like 2009, I'd be in Europe. The plan was England, Sweden, Germany and hopefully, France. That was the plan! Yes indeed. June come quickly, I'm leaving on a jet plane, yes I am!

All this was being planned out since late last year with Kobo Town - the band that I still tour with from Ontario, Canada. (I know Ontario is a big province, but I can't really say the band is from Toronto nor Ottawa as half of the band members lives in each city. So Kobo Town is from Ontario! Why not? And I currently reside between Toronto and Trinidad, running a guitar program, and so we practice whenever we do meet up, but anyway, that's another blog post!)

So yes, as I was saying, the new album was being recorded and was to be released by Spring this year, and then we'd hit the road in support of it. That was the plan.

Instead what happened was delays and now the album is going to be released next year. That's the music biz for ya! So the tour got delayed....err....until the new album is out. I mean after all, we can't tour on our previous record, that's five years old now.

So, here I was just planning a 'lil trip up north for the summer, just to relax and visit some friends, when all of a sudden, the guys called to say 'Hey, guess what? The Canadian Embassy is flying down the ENTIRE band to Trinidad to play on Canada Day - July 1st at the Trinidad Hilton. And we're booking a few more gigs! So stick around man, we're coming your way!'

And so, I had to change my ticket. Oh well. That's life!

Now, I know it ain't no massive tour, but to be jamming with those lads on a stage again, and this time on my own stomping ground. I can't of a better way to start the summer. I've missed those miserable bastards. Every one of them.

We've toured all over Canada, various part of the US, Germany and Denmark, but we've never played Trinidad.

How cool is that?

Sometimes, when you least expect it, things do come you way!

Check us out online at www.kobotown.com


No comments:

Post a Comment