Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's the lil things that count

Over the last few weeks, two of the schools I teach guitar at had their various Christmas concerts.

Both had the 'guitar troupes' play a song. At Fatima College, I accompanied the boys as we performed 'Dust in the wind' for three nights in a row. At St. Andrews School, I watched from the audience as the primary kids played along to 'Summer of '69'.

It was very honoring and humbling to see the 'fruits' of this endeavor to teach children guitar. All the performances went quite well (Thank God!).

What was surprising to me was the vote of thanks I got from both schools regarding the guitar program. It made me feel that 'Well, maybe this is a worthy cause, and that it is working out for the children, and they are enjoying playing guitar and learning music.'

I guess it's always every teacher's concern if they're doing a good job and if the students are actually learning. So it was a joy to see the kids playing their hearts out.

Now, none of this will ever hit the newspapers, nor the Billboard charts. But this certainly was an achievement for all the children involved.

This was just one of those 'lil things in life that makes the world of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment