Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Not getting lost in Berlin

So I didn't get lost in Berlin. I wondered around a bit, things turned a bit different. In every situation there's three sides to every story, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The band played 3 great shows in Berlin and Nuremberg. I think playing in St. Katharina's bombed out church was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I only wished I had gotten better pictures to document this.

I only saw Germany for a few days and France for less than a week. I didn't get much sleep and that's the only way to see a new place - wide eyed, dazed and confused and in awe; like that of an innocent child. I walked, I swam, I drank and I had the time of my life.

We should always be open to seeing a new place as it is, just taking it all in; kinda like updating new files to our own hard drive of memory. I only hope now for more opportunities to avail themselves so I can visit Europe next year - preferably playing music along the way.

I pray for time to fly quickly.

I want to thank everyone - family and friends who put me up for 6 & 1/2 weeks while I travelled through Canada and Europe. It's strange to be without a permanent home for that length of time. I am grateful and humble for all the hospitality extended to me by all. I can never repay you.

I saw some amazing sights, experienced some cool things, some not so cool things and played some great music with my comrades. I am forever in-debt to God for giving me the grace to do this.

I am graciously trading in my back-pack for my own bed. I now plot my voyage home. It'll be good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment