Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Suicide

The last few months here has seen two very sad deaths in our country.

Two young boys, one in his late-teens, and the other who just turned 21; giving up on life and taking matters into their own hands.

The reasons surrounding their deaths are anything but straightforward, and the question being asked by everyone who knew the two boys is 'why?'.

It's not certain if they knew each other, for each case happened a few months apart, and the circumstances do differ.

Their families and friends are in shambles, and even though I didn't know either of them, I find my mind running on them boys from time to time.

I wish I knew both boys to tell them that life never stays the same, that every situation, no matter how good or bad, will eventually disappear. That everything will pass.

I wish I could stop them both from doing what they did, and tell them to think about the hurt that they will cause everyone in their life who cares and loves them.

Suicide is a way out of this life, but it is a hard and brutal way, and it cheats everyone of a chance to live with that person, the many years ahead. But now, the family and friends of those left behind will never know what that means.

I pray for the souls of those two young men.

Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon them.

May they rest in peace.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment